Journey to Full Moon Party

                                                   JOURNEY TO FULL MOON PARTY

We’re on a race
After years looking for companion to Full Moon Party … finally I found my ex office colleague who would like to join me in such long trip to get in that rave party which full of crazy & mad guys …. ^_^

I took 4 days off from office, me and my friend Deasy departed from Jakarta to Singapore by morning flight. Flight should depart at 8:50 however it was delay until about almost 10:30 and we had to wait in the plane about more than 1 hour … L 

We arrived in Sing at about 15 :00  (supposed to be at 12:40) we were in hurry as  my college’s friend (Ijul) had already waited me at my counterparts office for almost 3 hours
After get lost  in Boon Lay area finally we’ve made it, we arrived at Singapore office at 4 :45  :D   tired, hungry,  sweaty & dirty. Finally  I met Ijul  who had been waiting us for more than 3 hours in front of office area X)
Then I visited friend (Jenny) at counterparts office talked and took pics J. Jenny gave me some gifts,  some office souvenirs and SGD 2 for bus , I was so happy for the SGD 2   because we cannot have change if we pay bus cash, so we need to pay in exact amount for bus.

                                                                 Singapore Office

After courtesy visit in counterpart office, three of us (deasy, Ijul & me) continued our trip to Merlion park we were there for about an hour for  taking pics.
                                                                         Merlion Park 

Then, Deasy & me should chase the flight to Phuket we went to airport from Merlion park at about 8 pm, while our plane is 22:00 (very tight schedule) but somehow we’ve made it despite it was in rush hour .  We arrived at Changi at about 9 pm we were sweaty, tired & hungryL.

Desperately in English
We arrived Phuket airport at 22:55, we would like to buy meals but it was already night and it was not at changi airport (T_T) so the airport facilities was just in “Fair” level.    There were 2 minimarts in the each corner of the airport. We bought breads and mineral water for that night as we have to sleep at airport.

There was a “Tourist Lounge” at the airport, my friend took initiative to ask about tourist lounge to the airport officer somehow she came back to me with  ugh face and she said “ I got emotional when I asked the airport staff in English about that tourist lounge”
And she was right ….
When I decided to ask “tourist information officer” about airport bus schedule to bus station …. I also experienced the same thing  *desperately  in English

Me :  Sorry, may I know what time is the earliest bus to bus terminal?
Officer : cannot now (thai accent)
Me : yes cannot now, I meant tomorrow morning
Officer : tomorrow cannot now
Me : yes cannot now….(then I repeat my question again)
Officer : ------same answer as previous------
Me : *scratching head  *teary eyes

After lost in desperate English, finally there was another officer (we called her officer 2) who quite understands English better than officer 1 ~~~    J

I found out that the earliest bus to terminal is at 8:00 while we need to get in the bus Phuket-Phangan at 08:00  *what the….. !@@$$%$^%&^#$!#@%$#@   
 It’s not as I’ve ever checked on the web. On the airport web, it was written that the earliest bus to Terminal should be at 06:00 …   L

I got shock therapy …. Then I told to Deasy about bus schedule and her response  was     --------------------------     
Then we tried to find way out   L
There were many taxi agents outside the airport that open 24 hours and speak English better rather than airport officer. Too bad the transfer fee from airport to bus terminal was THB 650 … @_@... while our budget for transfer fee was only THB 85/each  (T_T)   hungry, tired, sleepy, broke and hopeless, but God’s hand always everywhere to help us  (Praise The Lord )  and perhaps I’ did something good in my previous life so its my good karma  :P  .one of the taxi driver approached us his name is “Phi”  (say it with Thai accent). After  bargaining with Thai-English + Body language +eye contact  finally Pi would like to transfer us to Bus Terminal with THB 500, I asked him to transfer us at 5 am as we would like to have rest first at the Tourist  Lounge ….?

Tourist Lounge
It was 1:30 am… and not many people at the airport … we decided to sleep at Tourist Lounge area … yep Tourist Lounge … (I wondered what the difference between tourist lounge and waiting room is?) as the facilities are same…
                                                                       Tourist Lounge

We tried to sleep at tourist lounge but sometimes I awake because of noise from China tourist group. They came in a group whichconsist of 25-30 people. The tour leader always hold a flag and speaks loudly ( I wondered are they going to have tour or demonstration?)

We couldn’t sleep well at the tourist lounge.  At about 3 am Deasy offered me instant noodle, but since there was no mug & hot water we ate it raw. Yup …without cooking it, remind us to one of snack during my childhood time … :P



Chow
 We departed from airport to Bus Terminal at 5 am by taxi.  We arrived at about 5:30 at Bus Terminal and we only have 2 THB 1,000 to pay the taxi, it became a problem when Pi has no change THB 500. I t was still early morning, not many shops are open,Pi tried to change it to another taxi driver but the result was nil T_T
Behind us, there was a guy with sun glasses (it was dark actually, why he wear sunglasses?), his face was harsh and at glance he looks like Chow in “Hangover” movie. I guessed he must be a civilian. That “Chow” guy called Pi and ----spoke in Thai-----  
I heard not much word between two of them but the most important was that “Chow” has money to be changed …    \\ ^_^// … I wanted to hug the fake Chow actually but when he checked our money fake or not he really realIy really looked like Chow  so we just say “Thank You “ to him     Sawadikap~~~~

Endless Journey
Deasy waited the bus counter to open, while I prayed in “Moslem Praying Room”. At 7:30 the bus counter opened. I showed the counter our ticket. The counter staff  (mid age woman) asked me to go to row 2 I got confused because she only said “ticket to No 2” and she repeated her words @_@, that woman finally asked  driver assistant to help us to take the bus to Pangan  :D
*That drivers’ assistant was so kind to us  J

                  Bus Terminal 

We departed from Phuket to Surathani at 09:00, despite the schedule written bus will depart at 8.  Deasy had a wish to have bus trip with western guy. I had no idea why God granted her wish?  as 15 minutes later the bus got a bunch of western group (men & women) who already worn Full Moon Party costumes and they were so annoying  =.=” especially couple in front of us.   hey ….I wrote this not because I envy of that couple. I mean, come on we’re in the Buddhist ASEAN country. Just because they are tourist they can do anything that contrast with the local culture. They cannot pda everywhere …and their clothes ..uh oh … so annoying …. Mini shirt & shorts with tacky color …  I mean ….come on … please respect local culture. No wonder many vicious natives when Full Moon Party if the western acts like that.  

The bus made stop at half journey for meals and toilet … but neither me or desy would like to go out.  our concern were  1) limited budget 2)we were sleepy so we better sleep  3) never ever want to get contact with one of the annoying  western group …   

After 20 minutes stop, we continued our journey. 1  hour later the bus stop again I wasn’t sure for what reason but one of the western group got off the bus  and he peeing in the bus tires :S   *just like a dog,  despite the bus driver and his assistant yelled out at him, he kept peeing …. ~~~arrrgggghhhh

Can you imagine 4 hours in a bus with annoying western group ??!!

Change Underwear & Fake Colonel Sanders
After we entered Surathani city, the assistant of bus driver told us that we should get off the bus at Phantip office and change bus.  The assistant was so friendly to us (*perhaps because we look like Thai). Well finally, I was not in a bus with annoying western group again * fiuh  J

At Phantip bus office we showed our ticket to the staff and she told us that the bus will depart at 14:30 so we have time to get lunch and change our underwear :D   *I’ve been wearing  the same underwear for more than 24 hours so it’s time to change it …  ^_^

We saw the colonel sanders logo with the Thai letters was written at the cafe across the street. We were sure that it was a KFC outlet, but when we entered the café its just a café that serves sandwiches and tea L.  It is not KFC outlet that I was thoughtL. There is also no rice T_T it already more than 24 hours we had not eaten rice and we had no other choice except order sandwich … 
Question: They don’t serve KFC,why they put colonel sanders logo ?


                                                   Inside The fake Colonel Sanders Cafe

Missed the vessel & met good Thailand guy
We continued our trip with phantip bus to get to the pier, not far from the phantip office the bus stopped  and some western backpackers get in to the bus (Thank God this group is not  bunch of annoying western guys like in previous bus). I called them good manner western group. They act politely, no PDA, dresses like common people  and no peeing on the bus tires. I like this good manner western group. Too bad they have to get off at the 1st pier,  while us at the 2nd pier,

There are 2 piers at Surathani, 1st pier is for Lomprayah speedboat and the 2nd pier is for ferry. Our ticket was for Ferry, when we arrived at the 2nd pier the Ferry has just left … ourrrggghhhhh L  the ferry departed at 16:00 and we arrived at 16:15…. We could see the ferry as it just left  L …. But … there was something that made us relieve. From the distance I saw one of the girl who were with annoying western gang in phuket-Surathani bus
My wish been granted, I will never ever want to meet them or any one of them again

So we had to wait the next Ferry which will depart on 18:00. We entered the café at the pier and met good Thai guy.  He looks like VJ Utt of MTV Asia  hahahhaha :D , he helped us so much by informed us the schedule and map. At the first he thought that we were Thai girl, maybe that’s why he smiled at us
:D ...He also informed us about transportation at Koh Pangan and also about Full Moon Party   (after more than 24 hours finally we found Thai guy who speaks English quite well, that finally we can understand )

We departed to  Pangan at 18: 15 … we slept at Ferry …. ZzzzzZzzzzzzZzzz  
                                                                     On the Ferry


Koh Pangan:  Rice & Taxi.?
 It was 21:30 at Koh Pangan island  pier we keep walking despite many taxi’s drivers offered us, of course they spoke to us with Thai as we look like Thai girl.  
We separated with the god Thai guy, despite I expect I will meet him again at Full Moon Party :P

We were at the strange place, the only thing that familiar to us when we arrived at Koh Pangan  was  7/11. We purchased some meals at 7/11 and we found RICE  box yipppieeeeee  finally we ate rice … J

We took a taxi from Pie, let me clarify the “Taxi” term  = > it has no AC, it is not Toyota Vios like in Phuket and Bangkok,  it has no taximeter ..it’s just  modification of Toyota pick up. Its just not us it can be loaded about 8 people inside (same like public mini car in Jakarta) and we have to pay it in advance.


 Koh Pangan : Blue ocean Resort   & Mae
We arrived at resort at about 22:00; it was rainy at that time.  The resort is belong to my colleague it is a quiet & peaceful resort, very  good for honeymoon couple or for couple who are in baby making program while  we’re just 2 single backpacking girls   =.=”
Here is the resort’s link http://www.blueoceangarden.com/

                                                                   
                                                       Garden Room that we stay

We checked in and the staff was so nice her name is Mae …and she can speaks English much better than the officer at the airport … ^_^….

Full Moon Party
Took a shower, had quick dinner, dressed up and finally we ready for party.  Full Moon Party  was the reason why we had long journey to Pangan. We went to party at around 11:00 and it was raining, so there was no Moon at the sky  L    but that’s fine because we already saw beautiful moon at Merlion park in Sing  *try to be positive

It was a huge rave party, there were about 5 stages and it was full of crazy & mad guys.  The sound of music, lamps & fire dancer, lot of meals and drink sellers all mix together in Full moon party. For drinks, they have bucket at THB 30 for the drinks. We decided not to buy any drinks coz we don’t wanna get drunk we’re good girls J



As usual ….people thought that we were Thai girl as we have Asian face, small body, tan skin and nervous face.
My friend got spanked by unknown guy, and when I took pic of fire dancer someone surprised me from my back …. =.=”  *I screamed.



Rule no 1 in Full moon party is : Never get in the water to swim , because when we sat and looked at the water … we saw lots of western guy and few girls peeing at the beach  what the @!$#%$#^%&^%*& 

Thai Girl
As we looked like Thai girl, there were 2 Thai guys approached us and spoke with the language that we couldn’t understand at all.  They tried to speak English but we also couldn’t understand (didn’t wanna understand actually). Seemed they knew that we’re not interested with them so they left us hahahhahahahah Sorry dude…..



At about 3 am we would like to leave the party, we wanted to have our pic…so we asked the police officer whom also thought that we’re Thai Girl ….haishhhh …anyway … he is good officer J
When finally we left the party the electricity was off ……..I never thought that I truly have mysticalpower :P   hahahahhaha

















Comments

Popular Posts