Lost In Bali (Culture & Nature)



Lost In Bali   (Culture & Nature)

It was Sunday afternoon when my office team had to go back to Jakarta while me  still enjoyed the beauty of Bali.  I had planned to visit my friends in Bali and expected them to accompany me. However I was end up traveling by myself. That was my first time traveling alone, even though inside my country I still feel  a little bit of scared.

What if there were human trafficking agencies in Bali searching for 18 years old local girl to be sold as concubine?

Just couldnt stop to think about that despite of I am no longer 18 and Liam Nesson have no worry about me.   :P 

I extended my vacation in Bali for 3 days  to visit Uluwatu  and Ubud. I have never been there before. Actually, I thought  I would spent my time in Uluwatu with Ijul and Henry (my friend) while in Ubud. but yeah expectation failed to meet the reality. 

On Sunday, Ijul  still at Nusa Lembongan (island near Bali)  and on Monday she already has to work . While Henry, unexpectedly and suddenly,  was in Jakarta for Interview.   I was kinda like  ~~@!#@$$#^%&^(*&(&&%$%@!@!


I ordered a cab (Blue Bird) from Hotel (Kuta Area) to Uluwatu. The cost was about IDR 120,000. There was problem with the taximeter. It was suddenly off at GWK (Garda Wisnu Kencana) area  :S .  According to the driver its usually costs about  Rp 130,000 to Padang Padang beach. Because the taximeter off, he gave me discount Rp 10,000   ^_^.

I booked the home stay through Agoda.com , the location is near Padang Padang Beach, the advertisement  said just 13 minutes to Padang Padang beach . The homestays name is Belong Bunter Home Stay , I got price at IDR 150,000/ Night.   The room was without AC, only big fan hanging on the ceiling and no extraordinary facilities and  there was problem with the toilet.  X)) 

There was a local guy in the home stay whom I thought a home stay staffs but found out that he is not . I have no idea where he came from. Well he was kind enough to brought me to  Pura Uluwatu for Kecak Dance . Despite I wasnt really comfort near him (a bit stinky, bragging & flirty).  But yeaahhh well I could get a ride to Pura Uluwatu for free  so   no complain then  :P. 

Entry Ticket to Pura was IDR 15,000 and then you have to pay additional Rp 100,000 for Kecak Dance.  The dance also has spiritual and mystical purposes instead of just entertainment. Thats why, we have to wear Sarong that has been provided to prevent yourself from bad spirit.   The dance is about Ramayana story which taken from Hindu Epic.  The performance  was started at 18:00 with sunset view as background of the dance.   The Pura itself was built on top of the cliff  that you can see Indian Ocean.   The show took about 1 hour it was amazing .  The ambiance of myths were surrounding that place.  *goosebumps.


                                                                                         Pura uluwatu


                                                                                        Kecak Dance

The guy that took me to Pura asked me to join a party at Single Fin. I was kind of like a bit reluctant but I felt like  I cant say "NO"  since  hes already kind enough to me ( typical of Indonesian Girl)  its hard to say NO .  So, we agreed that were going to party at 10:30 pm.
I met Ijul at around 8 pm and had dinner with her.  She was just got back from Nusa Lembongan (island) for snorkling.   Ijul was so sleepy & tired ..but still tried to accompany me to Party   =)   Thank You IjuuulI .


                                                                   Sleepy Ijul  


It was full of party people at Single Fin (mostly Caucasian). There were 2 stages, upside stages for Jazz & Blues, while downside stages for techno & progressive. The party was twice a week on Sunday & Wednesday. Bintang was sold at IDR 30,000/small bottle inside Single Fin while you can get at IDR 15,000 outside. So mostly the visitors already bought and drank Bintang outside , so they just have to buy a small bottle inside :D.

 
                                                                        Party  @Single Fin 


Morning at Suluban Beach
From Single Fin Bar & Club take a walk downstairs through the alley walking down the cliffs. The beach is small and its more perfect spot for surfing. 



                                                                            Suluban Beach



                                                                             Suluban Beach


Near my homestay, Padang Padang Beach that can be reached by 13 minutes walk.  Its a Small lovely beach that was used for Eat, Pray,Love movie.  Good sand to lay down to read a book or even just to tanning your skin.   From the main road, you just need to walk down the cliff through the beautiful alley.






 UBUD
I have to say that transportation in Uluwatu a bit difficult, unless you can ride a motorcycle and would like to take risk to be fined by Police. :P  Rate for Car Rental  from Uluwatu to Ubud inclusive with driver is IDR 400,000 while from Uluwatu to Legian Kuta inclusive with driver is IDR 200,000.  Hence I chosed  the second option. From Legian-Kuta to ubud I took travel mini bus  at IDR 60,000 to Ubud.
After 1,5 hour trip by car, I reached Ubud. Different from Legian-Kuta that full of Bar and club , Ubud is more quiet  and calm. However,  the  calm atmosphere is different from Uluwatu.  Despite of Ubud is full of tourists and shops along the Monkey forest and Hanoman Street, but when once I touched down Ubud I felt relax and calm inside.   
 
Room Boy from the Guest Stay picked me up at the travel agent, its quite shocking to know the location of my homestay as it is located inside the alley that might be not even recognized there was an alley there. However when I arrived there my hesitation disappeared. It was such a simply lovely place, for USD 15 /night inclusive with breakfast, I can say its worth it.
There is Massage corner in front of my guest stay which full of visitors until about 11 pm -12 am. Most of the visitors are foreigners and most of them were noisy. 

                                                           Nani House at Uubud



 

Dance Dance Dance
Evening at Ubud is all about traditional dance. There are puras that have traditional dance performances. I attended 2 of them. The first one was . I forgot the name of the Pura. it is located at Monkey Forest street and all the performers were women. The ticket were IDR 80,000 for one hour performance .





The Second was at Pura Dalem. It performed Legong dance and Ramayana Balet.  So during my trip in Bali I watched two Ramayana dance, the first one at Uluwatu and the second one at Ubud, that made me think are Balinese so in love with Ramayana story?

                                                                   Legong Dance

                                                                      Ramayana Balet at Ubud


Jogging Trek
When morning comes at Ubud, it is a good time to enjoy the fresh air and green view of rice fields. So I went to the hills.  It is located at Campuhan, behind the IBAH resort. You can ask the direction from local people to get there. The place is awesome for trekking and make sure you bring water before trekking because no cafe and stall for drink around there. 


                                                          Jogging Trek at Campuhan

                                                        River at Jogging Trek at Campuhan 


Besides the hill, you can also enjoy rice field view at Juwuk Manis. You can get there from Kanjeng Street. 


                                                         Jogging Trek at Juwuk Manis



Antonio Blancos Museum
The place is upside the hill. The Renaissance atmosphere mixed with exotic Bali culture, surrounding the place. To get in the museum you have to purchase ticket at IDR 40,000. The price is inclusive with welcome drink (Ice Tea). You can take picture in front of the museum and at the balcony at 3rd floor. 
After checking Mr. Blancos  paintings , I wonder whether he were a pervert ?. Most of the paintings are boobies and pubic from Balinese (his own wife), Japanese and Russian models. He is good in details as all the models vital organ are look different in his paintings.     

                                                            Antonio Blanco Museum

                                                            Antonio Blanco Museum



Monkey Forest
The center of Ubud is along side Monkey Forest Road, there are many restaurants, cafes, and shops  there. From my home stay, Monkey Forest only about 10 minutes walk.  My comment about that place isFull of Monkey .  Old, young, big, small, baby, male and female monkeys are there.  I forgot price of the ticket if I am not mistaken, it was IDR 60,000. 


                                                                             Monkey Forest 


Gelato
I have no idea why there are so many Gelato shops around Ubud. Maybe, once upon a time in  there was Italian man came to Bali for holiday. One day, when he walked across the bridge he saw a beautiful exotic topless girl was having fun at the river. He fell in love to that girl and proposed her.  She would like to accept his proposal with requirement Bring her something fancy to eat.  Then he remembered his Grannys Gelato recipe and made it.  The Balinese Girl was more than happy when she tasted Rum Raisin Chocolate Gelato, therefore she accepted that Italian wedding proposal.   In order to commemorate their love from a scoop of Gelato, the couple decided to open Gelato shop for the first time in Ubud. They also shared the recipes with others as a message that love can be united by a scoop of Gelato.    :p

                                                     Gelato at IDR 20,000/scoop
~End~

Comments

  1. hahaha.. itu ijul kasian banget mukanya... BTW, huuu... giliran gw udah gak di Bali lo malah jalan2 asik di Bali...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. iye ... si Ijul lagi beler ,,,ngantuk & pilek dia ....suaranya udah serak serak sember pula

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts